Some of you may have been wondering how long it would actually take to drive all the way around the island. Well here's the answer - about 3 hours from start to finish. And really, it looks about the same everywhere you go. Here are some of the most interesting things we saw.
These are pictures of an old church we saw. I think it is so interesting the way there are all these buildings just sitting there. No one tries to repair them or tear them down. It's just a piece of Ivan that's still standing. I like to take pictures of it. So here are a few.




For me, this was the most historically interesting place on the island. Before any Europians came to Grenada the Caribs lived here. When the French came in and wanted to take over the island the Caribs opted to jump off a cliff. Here's the cliff. Honestly, I was disappointed. But since the ladies at the gate didn't make us pay because we just wanted to take pictures ... how could I complain?

They had red signs like this all over. Like we didn't know there was a cliff ... why else would the land just end like that?

This is kind of down looking at the cliff from the side. It would have been horrific to see all those people jump.

It was really fun to drive around though. We went with Dustin and Melissa. I'm really glad we got to do it.
2 comments:
Excellent posting. Thank you. Have a good weekend.
To avoid such a tragedy happening again, and for the salvation of our children, we are doing a worldwide campaign, displaying the image of NURIN JAZLIN JAZIMIN in blogs all over the world on 25th April 2008. Let's not forget NURIN JAZLIN.
Sara, the pictures you've posted of Grenada are beautiful. Though, I assume Grenada is kind of like Mexico with its good and bad sights!
Post a Comment