
What I really want to share with you is what a wonderful day yesterday was! Lately I have been feeling the hum drum that is Grenada. I get up, study from 8-12, eat lunch (usually a salad), do the dishes, clean the kitchen, surf on the internet and read about photography until about four, then I start making dinner, we eat dinner, I clean up dinner, get ready for dance, go and dance, come home, watch the office until 11, then go to bed. Each day is the same as the one before, and there isn't any excitement for the next day because it will be the same as the one before! So I've been lacking that certain sparkle and motivation to leave my warm soft bed in the mornings. But it all changed yesterday.
Yesterday I didn't go study. Instead I stayed home and indulged my guilty pleasure - watched the new episodes of "The Hills" (yes I know it's smut, but I can't help myself). And generally did absolutely nothing productive. When Jayson got home I fell asleep for about an hour, after which he woke me up to tell me we were going to the beach. I protested saying I didn't feel like it. But Jayson, being the wonderful listener that he is took me anyway. We met some friends there and spent a wonderful afternoon on Grenada's finest beach.
Now I know that sounds like a simplistic solution to all my problems, but it totally worked. The hot sun baked my skin (only burning part of it). The water was the perfect temperature to cool me off. And somewhere between the sand castle building, hole digging, and rock skipping I found myself content and simply happy. As an adult it's hard to find that childlike contentment, but I totally felt it yesterday.
But my day didn't even end there! Although I attribute the beginnings of my joy from those hours at the beach. We then returned home and went out for pizza (the third time in four days! But we made our pizza the other two times). After which I came home, changed and went to dance. We did jazz last night which was a welcomed change. And I finished up with a delicious sherbet smoothie courtesy of Casey, and two episodes of the office! There isn't a better way to top off a perfect day!
So when in Grenada the recipe/formula for a perfect day to kill the hum drum feeling is:
(beach + friends + sunny afternoon) + (pizza with same friends) + (working out, especially dancing) + (Micheal Scott and his possy on The Office) + (sherbet slushy) = a happy Sara without the hum drum!
2 comments:
I'm glad you found a solution to your hum drum. I miss the jazz dancing with you guys and I really miss the beach. I need something like that here. I miss you guys!
OMG!!!! I am SO excited that I found another Hills fan. I have been addicted since season 1 back in the day. In fact, I've been addicted since LC was on Laguna Beach. We will definitely have to discuss the episodes now that I know you are a fellow fan. I am glad you had a great day. Now that I'm laid off and in the wasteland of the unemployed, I know what you mean about a hum drum day.
Post a Comment