11 September 2008

Where were you?

I was driving to school with my dad and my sister in the car. I remember being in the middle of a very important story when my dad interrupted me and told me to be quiet. I remember being mad. In listening to the reports I remember thinking it wasn't really anything - I didn't know what it meant. And this was America, nothing like this happened here.

Then we got to school. The TV was on with the news coverage. I remember watching the second plane hit the second tower, again and again and again. There are other horrific scenes that we watched happen that day as those towers burned and crumbled. Flight 93, the Pentagon, the towers. It was a day I cannot forget.

It is still America. Living away from it I am much more appreciative of my country. God Bless America.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It's hard to imagine that it happened so many years ago. I hope all is well for you in Grenada. I am training a new pianist with my class at BYU. Tell Jayson how much I appreciate his talent!