21 October 2008

The chitlens

One of my favorite things to do at the beach is to watch the little kids. They are so genuinely happy. And it's the small things that make them smile. So of course I had to take pictures of them! Here are a few of my favorites.
Mmmmm french fries!
This was the model look I got after asking for a smile!
This little guy was so funny! He was just eating sand - must have tasted good to him ... Anyway he was eating away and we were all laughing about it when I casually mentioned that we just shouldn't tell his mom - yup she walked up just as I said that! It felt like a moment out of a movie for me! Maybe it was one of those moments where you have to be there, but I'll laugh about that for a long time!
What makes this picture even sweeter is that he's smiling that way at his mom!
This reminded me of home. We used to turn on the sprinklers or the hose and just play in the grass. And you'd think after a hard day playing in the sand and ocean these kids would want to just sit ... right! It was really fun to watch them be so happy about water coming out of a faucet.

It was definitely a really good day. This term has been full of really good days. Maybe it's my pessimistic attitude, but I'm kind of waiting for it to all come crashing down. It's been the easiest term to be in Grenada so far. A friend from home mentioned that it takes about a year to adjust to a new place, so maybe that's all it is. But I've actually enjoyed being here - for the most part - this term. We have some wonderful people down here, and it's such a small community that we are all pretty close. We've become family. And school ... well that's the part that get's in the way of life, but I've been grateful to have something that keeps my mind going. Anyway, this was a very good day!

2 comments:

Sara and Dustin said...

My favs are the ones of Ethan and Kylin. You captured great expressions!

Dr. Nick said...

Yeah kids are great examples on how to be happy. I try to keep my inner child alive. Cool pictures!