Last Sunday we realized we didn't have any lettuce left for Sunday dinner ... but we did have some luscious leaves growing in the laundry basket on our balcony (aka the garden) and so we trimmed a bunch of them up for dinner!

and a close up.
Too bad they were hecka bitter! Any hints for how to make the leaves sweet? Maybe a spoonful of sugar ....
First Day of Kindergarten
11 years ago
5 comments:
fertilizer (especially in a container garden), and pick them smaller. Sometimes heat can make a central stem bolt and the leaves will be bitter. The answer is to harvest the whole head while the leaves are still small and leave an inch or so of stalk, you'll get at least one more head that way. How do I know this, we ask? The answer is that I live in the country and have turned into a farm girl:)
I am just really impressed you could get it to grow at all! I am a notorious plant killer. :)
wow! you guys are so resourceful!
I think you should put honey in the hole when you plant the seed. Okay, I haven't a clue!
Jayson Weir! Wow. It have been so long. Impressive lettuse. I am starting a garden and gratful for any advice I can get. I was checking out Kelly Cardon's blog and found your blog. Sara has amazing pictures. I would love to hear from you if you have a minute.
sunshineinthesoul@surewest.net
Linzi Crans (Wolford)
Post a Comment