17 February 2009

Valentine's Day

We needed a little something special to mark our six week mark here in Grenada, luckily it was Valentine's Day! (special note: all pictures courtesy of Casey McDaniel! I was too lazy to pull mine out, but thanks to Casey I still get pictures!)

Jayson made some fabulous rolls. Some of them were hearts and some were 'rose rolls' - that's what Jayson named them.

I'm tired of the flowers here - they die so quickly - so I rolled up some ribbon and fabric I had laying around and made some 'fake' roses.

Our candle sticks - aka the mugs we normally drink out of - filled with shells burned all night!


Just me - loving the food!

My favorite! The name tags. Everyone had a little heart on theirs.

More of the yummy dinner!

And the 'special' dessert. I've never had red velvet cake, but it seemed perfect for Valentine's Day. I tried making it myself and failed miserably. Luckily Jayson came to the rescue! The individual heart shaped cakes were my idea though, per some inspiration from Martha Stewart.

And the table. It was a really nice way to share V-day. I've never been one for Valentine's. Maybe it has to do with the expected romance. When it's expected it feels fake to me. This year was definitely my best V-day though! We got to babysit a few fun kids for friends, catch pizza and watch the sunset with friends, and to top off the whole weekend - a really great dinner. Yup, it was a good one!

11 comments:

Nicole Bagozzi said...

cute ideas! i love the candle holder mugs!

MelRiv said...

You Weirs sure know how to celebrate the holidays right. I thought I was looking at a magazine spread when I saw these pictures because everything looked so professional. Sari, your roses are beautiful. You are so amazing! I think I will start inviting myself to celebrate the holidays with you guys from now. ;-) Hope both of you are doing really well! XOXO

Wyatt and Tara said...

Say what? You are pregnant?! Congrats!

{Kim} said...

That's exactly what I was thinking! 'Say what? You are pregnant?!' When I got on your blog I was actually thinking about when you two might start having kids! Congrats! The pregnancy thing goes by so much faster if you don't say anything until you know what you're having. That's what we did with Rian and it flew! How are you feeling?

bentanelle said...

You guys are so creative, seriously heart shaped rolls... we miss Jayson! (just kidding we miss all of you!)

Sean and Kristina Kelly said...

Ok, I MISS you guys! And the cooking. Seriously, we are going to have to live closer so you guys can help me cook more often! Looked awesome!

Stephanie said...

Jayson's rolls totally remind me of how he made cinnamon rolls for rehearsal and tour. I am glad that someone else has trouble with cake. I have had some pretty disastrous experiences with it.

Tiffini said...

It does sound like fun! I've been wondering how you're feeling...

Yeah, we're not really V-day fans either. Jason brings me tulips because they're my favorite flower. This year I requested chocolate - he brought me a symphony bar, which was fine with me. Why go all out for a commercially-based holiday anyway?

sewtakeahike said...

Your dinner looks like it was absolutely lovely! You are one lucky lady to have a husband who bakes rolls (and makes them into shapes too!) You have a lovely blog here Sara!

Dustin and Melissa said...

This is why we are such good friends...it is all about the details. Speaking of details, we are still waiting to be promoted from the "Grenadian" list to the "Friends" list...any day would be good. Smooches, D & M

Jenny Sue Gamboa said...

Wow! What a fabulous party. So is that your house in Grenada? How fun! I put a link to your blog on my blog...but then I thought...opps! Maybe I should ask you first, 'cause I know your blog is personal. I can take it off if you want, 'cause I still have your photography link on there. Just let me know. Luv ya!