Craziness in all forms is fun. And with this new fun comes wonderful side effects.
1. While laying in bed you weigh the positives and negatives of getting out of bed to pee (this happens several times a night). Positive - obvious, needs no explanation. Negatives - rolling over is more difficult and KILLS your back, so tired it's not worth the pain just yet, and lowering yourself down to the toilet using both the counter and the shower wall you realize you MUST be 80 years old instead of just 23, and you can forget about it if you have to bend in half to lift the lid!
2. Motivation? What's that?
3. While the eating is fun the gaining is not.
4. When the doctor asks if there is any swelling you look down at your unfamiliar tummy, large breasts, and your oversized rump and wonder which swelling she means.
5. Best moments happen during pregnancy test commercials when your husband asks you if you could have possibly misread your positive pregnancy test!
6. When the question what to wear becomes what will fit. And somehow you find yourself at the awkward stage of being 'between sizes'. AKA your old clothes definitely don't fit, but the maternity ones drown you.
7. Food is no longer just food it is an obsession.
8. You are like a two year old, naps and hunger determine your mood.
9. The fear of knowing you can only get bigger from this point on, and that the potential is endless.
10. Even small exercises make you huff and puff enough to blow the house down. Or make you feel like an obese man on the stairmaster.
Hmmmmm somehow I hold a new respect for pregnancy and all its craziness!
First Day of Kindergarten
11 years ago
8 comments:
I love it! You've said it right to a T.
Yep. That's pretty much how it is. I didn't like being pregnant at all. Just something about gaining weight when you have been trying your whole life to look awesome in a leotard and tights. You'll get back to normal though. Promise. Oh yeah, and your little one is totally worth all the effort.
just you wait...it only gets worse...
Sara...I am so happy to have your in my life. This blog made me laugh. It was either laugh or cry - I chose to laugh! You are so great and I can't wait to see you in May!!!
Ok - so I'm not alone in my insanity - good to know!!
Sara, Feel free to send me an email (I think you have my address) and I would be happy to answer any questions you may have, and let you know how we made the move here to NYC. Sounds like I was sort of in your same situation. I had Wyatt on July 31 and my husband started school on Aug 20th. Anyway, hope to hear from you soon.
Mental Note: Double check birth control measures tonight to ensure none of these things happen to you.
You sure seemed very in shape when I was with you, swimming around and hiking all over the back country of Grenada! Love you!
Post a Comment