10 July 2009

Week One

And my baby is a week old! She's a wonderful eater and pooper. She's growing big and I can already see changes in her face. She has cheeks!! Her fingers are so long and she has long feet too! Maybe she'll be tall ... um probably not. She has my toes! Everyone says she has my mouth, but I don't see it. She loves to scrunch up her forehead which reminds me of Jayson when he wakes up. She also purses her lips together all the time so it looks like she's puckering up for a kiss. That's my favorite. And I'll probably jinx something, but she's a wonderful sleeper. During the day she eats about every 2-2 1/2 hours, but at night I have to wake her up after three, that's nice for me.

The strangest part about everything this week is that nothing has been as hard as I'd imagined. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way saying it's been a breeze. I guess I was so geared up for everything to be so taxing and tiring that it's been a pleasant surprise. It's not as hard to get up with her as I thought. I don't get annoyed with her and want someone else to take her. All I want is to hold her and be with her. I love spending time with the three of us. It's been such a wonderful week. I can't imagine a better one!

5 comments:

Dustin and Melissa said...

It's good to hear the first week together has been so wonderful - here is to a lifetime of wonderful weeks!

Amy said...

That's good...I'm glad you don't mind getting up...wait until week 6:)

Jessica said...

I read a book (The Happiest Baby on the Block) that said most babies don't begin their crying fits until 4-6 weeks after their due date. Since Mara was born so early, maybe that means you get an extended amount of "easy baby" time. Lucky!

bentanelle said...

she is so beautiful! I am glad to hear everything is going so well! Good luck to Jayson this week!

getti said...

I love your photos of Mara, she is so precious. I need to call you and chat I'd love to hear more how things are going and what your plans are. Sabina had #5 and last baby just a week or two before Mara and she is so fun to go hold. Thanks also for your 4 year post is then asked Dave, Trevor, and Lauren what their top 10 4 year high lights were and added my list to my journal. I'm still struggling deciding on my last high light.

Love getti