
It's been another week and it's hard to imagine life without Mara. I don't know what I did before her! Um ok that isn't entirely true. It hasn't been that long. But it's already so comfortable to have her around. I guess I thought there would be this earth shattering moment when I would just feel like "the mom". Instead it's been this natural transition. Kinda like when you hit a big birthday and you think you should feel different but you don't. It's neat actually. I haven't lost myself but there's this new extension of me and of Jayson and it's been pretty fun.
Mara is more awake now than she was last week. But she's still kept her awesome sleeping pattern. She'll sleep for about three to four hours at night which gives me plenty of sleep. She's always awesome during the day, but I think that's a credit to all the family she has that loves to hold her. She's growing lots and definitely feels heavier. I love when she sticks out her tongue and when she sneezes. She lost her umbilical chord a couple days ago and now she loves her bath time. She still loves to eat and poop too!
And she's already a genius - she helps her dad study all day long for the USMLE. Thank goodness that's going to be over soon.
First Day of Kindergarten
11 years ago
7 comments:
I love all of your amazing pictures of her! She is GORGEOUS! We are so happy for you guys! So, where are you guys now? California? Did you guys get placed yet? Let me know because we're in Laguna right now and we're kind of traveling around this summer and it would be nice to hook up:)
These pictures are priceless! I'm so glad "motherhood" has come so naturally for you - that is a gift! Keep the updates coming...we love seeing little Mara since we can't have her here on the island with us :)
Congratulations Sara! She's beautiful and her features definitely remind me a lot of you. I'm so happy that you are enjoying every little moment of her fleeting baby years. It's such a sweet and precious time. Congrats again!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE her red hair! I am glad that things are going so well for you. Good luck to Jayson.
I love all your pictures of her. I need to get better with my camera so I can get some good one of my little baby once he comes.
This gives me hope. I'm worried about that transition, but I think your description of it being just like when you turn certain ages and nothing feels different, is an excellent one!
Your daughter is going to have the most amazing picture EVER!
I love your comments on being a new mother. It is pretty fantastic to have this new person in your life and all that goes with it. It's pretty obvious that you are in your element. Congrats on such a beautiful baby. Good luck to Jayson on the USMLE!
Post a Comment