05 July 2009

Mara Kate


Mara is here.  She came on July 1st 2009 about four weeks shy of her due date.  She is just over 5 pounds and has beautiful strawberry blonde hair, styled in a perfect little baby mullet.  We think it will be pretty red though.  We had a short stay in the hospital, and now are at home introducing to her family, friends, crib, and her gigantic clothing.  In reference to the previous post, the other day I had her wrapped up very tightly in her blanket, and as she was sleeping next to me, I felt her do the same exact kicks that she did when she was in Sara!  Now we know it wasn't that she was awake ready to get out of there, but that she was kicking in her sleep just like her Mom!  We're having a great time with her.  She is named after her Aunt Mara just like Sara was named after her Aunt Sara.  Kate was chosen shortly after she was born when Auntie Annie suggested it to Sara.  Check back soon for more pictures - when Sara can find time to take more.   

15 comments:

Justin & Ashlee said...

She is so beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures. I am so excited for you guys. Enjoy her all you can. Congratulations!

Amanda said...

Congratulations! She is so beautiful! Of course we are all not surprised at her hair color and I'm sure she will be just as beautiful as her mom.
I'm glad that she came early for you, the last month is torture, and I'm glad everything went well.
Congratulations again. Love you guys!
P.S. Did you guys find out anything about your placement yet?

Sara and Dustin said...

WAHOO!!!!

She's here!! I'm SO THRILLED for you you guys! I'm dying to hear your delivery story. I'm so excited she has red hair ... and a mullet. I wish I could cuddle and snuggle her like you did with Lucy. And Mara Kate is a fantastic name. Man, I love you guys.

Zane and Lexi said...

oh we've just been dying for more news and pics :) She's so beautiful and I know she is adored already! We are so happy for you guys - congrats again!

Morgan said...

congrats! she is beautiful!!

Shauna said...

She's a doll! I am excited to see more pictures of little Mara. So happy for you!

Jenny Sue Gamboa said...

Oh Sara I am so excited for you!! You look beautiful together! How fun! (You were born early too right? How early were you born?) Anyways...congrats! Try to get as much rest as possible (ya right huh! ;)

Sean and Kristina Kelly said...

Holy cow! I just checked my blog and you're parents now! YAY! CONGRATULATIONS!! Awww, how awesome! We're so happy for you! She is gorgeous! How did everything go (labor, hospital stay, docs)? Did Jayson get to deliver?

Amy said...

Oh man how did I miss this exciting news! Congratulations to you both. She is absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Marisa Jean said...

AAAAHHHH!!!! She's here!!!! She's beautiful, Sara. I can't believe she came so early though--but 5 pounds is still healthy. Congratulations!!! I'm excited to see a plethora of pictures.

Dustin and Melissa said...

Welcome to the world Mara Kate! We are Dustin and Melissa Monroe but you can call us Dusty and Missy. We are looking forward to living near you in New York City. We are going to play in Central Park, visit museums, and share many wonderful memories together. We are looking forward to watching you grow and be part of your life. We already love you and we can't wait to meet you very, very soon!

Denzil and Brittany said...

Congratulations! She is so cute. .

Linds said...

Oh, she is beautiful! I'm so glad that she is doing so well after being early! Congrats!

Lis Monroe said...

Congratulations! A very beautiful little girl - we are very happy for you!

dancingtexancowgirl said...

Holy crap! I've been so busy focusing on Mara for all your posts, I just now realized that Tewy cut her hair! WOW! It is SHORT!!! I can't wait to see it in person!