1 - at 8 o'clock PM we walk down the street to a friend's house in our pajamas because we're just going to hang out, but on the way I pass people all dressed up and eating at nice restaurants, people walking their dogs, loud taxis and other traffic and several women in heels. I feel very underdressed to be walking around the city. But then again it's my neighborhood too, and aren't we allowed to walk around the "hood" in our pajamas?
2 - I heard beautiful classical violin music while riding on the C train today.
3 - We schlep. We carry all our purchases across town via the subway and the bus. Example:
5 - Mara got hungry in the middle of our shopping day so we stopped at a bench and I fed her. It was in Central Park.
It's been another crazy week filled with TONS of running around. Because we have to carry everything we purchase we only make it to about two stores a day and then come home and try to get some things done, so setting up the apartment is taking a while. Also because we moved from Grenada we really didn't have any furniture. We brought clothes and a few kitchen item but that was it. So we've been running around looking at various things from Craig's List and waiting at home for other things to be shipped. But we're almost done and then I'll take you on a photo tour of the 400 sq feet we now call home.


11 comments:
welcome to NY!! that is exciting! where in manhattan are you? or are you in brooklyn? we live on the UWS by Columbia. i hear ya about carrying your purchases around everywhere... it totally sucks. it didn't seem so bad at first, but i eventually just started ordering more and more things online because it got so exhausting. good luck with the rest of your settling in. can't wait to see pics.
yes, we would love to get together! we are on 121st between broadway and amsterdam. we are in the morningside heights ward and we meet at the stake center on 65th. where are you guys? we are out of town til the end of august, but will definitely be in touch when we get back! oh and this is morgan again on my husband's account.
I am sorry, but you can no longer post with out a close up of Mara! We miss her....Can't wait for pics of the apartment...sounds like you guys are enjoying your experience...even with the schlepping...probably still glad to be in NEW YORK and not (grenada)...
What an adventure! At least the bags you were carrying didn't look too heavy.
When does Jayson start at the hospital? and congrats on getting NY and being able to stay in one place!
Gotta love the IKEA bag! I don't even shop there and I have one! It is great...we use it to schlep our laundry to the laundry mat!
Having you all around the corner has already been so much fun. This year is going to be great! We love you!
400 Square feet? I'd shoot myself. God bless people like you.
bet you're loving that baby bijorn now!!!!
What an adventure it actually sounds like a lot of fun from this far away.:)
Sara,
I am SO Jealous! I really enjoyed NYC the two trips we made there, plus all the movies I've watched that are in NYC. This is blessing pay back for the time you had to spend in Grenada. (Wow, to go from Grenada to NYC, you sure have come up in the world!)
Keep the blogs coming. It will be so fun to read about life in NYC. What part of NYC do you live in? Manhattan, or one of the other boroughs? Give lots of details and lots of pix.
(a 400 sq ft apt.? What is that like? I can't even imagine how small that is.)
Oh and congrats to Jayson for passing his test and making it to clinicals in Brooklyn.
You skipped #4. Your list went from 3 to 5 and skipped 4 altogether...
I miss y'all! And Tewy, you look FANTASTIC! I can't believe you recently brought another human being into the world!
I love the idea of walking the MY streets in jammies:) What a transition you guys! And, that you guys totally just up an moved so fast with a newborn and everything! Amazing you guys! Hope you can get a lot done before the rotations start!! Have fun!
Post a Comment