24 September 2009

Sights and Sounds of the MTA Subway

Two interesting things on a Bronx-bound 4/5 express train:


Sight: a man sitting next to me with a brown bag of fried chicken, eating it, sucking out the marrow and then throwing the bones under the seat across from him.

Sound: I was half asleep on my way home from the hospital, when I heard a familiar sound...the sound of someone clipping their fingernails....I thought a few minutes and wondered if I was dreaming this for some strange reason...nope there is a guy right across from me just clipping away.

Not sure which is more disgusting. All in a days travel.

9 comments:

Dustin and Melissa said...

I have decided public transportation is disgusting because most people are disgusting. I wish I could say taking a cab is any better...boy, do I have a story for you!

Alys said...

Both are gross. Sean hates public transportation and I think you understand why. You see the weridest people, which at least makes the trip interesting, but you do see some really nasty things that you would never want to see.

Sara and Dustin said...

That makes me want to vomit - and never ride the subway again! Who clips their nails in public??

Kuulei and Nick said...

I laughed as I told this story to my mother-in-law and she just chuckled and said she use to take the same train, but sometimes she would see men exposing themselves... Glad you're making your experiences comic relief for others! O p.s. The only reason I think baby Mara looks more like Jayson is because she doesn't have hair. Love you guys!

bentanelle said...

Ben's dad clips his nails in Sacrament Meeting

Grandma Elizabeth said...

Ugh!

Linds said...

Wow. Gross.

Kent Kate & Afton said...

Oh my gosh! My stomach hurts now. Yuck!

Stephanie said...

That is pretty disgusting! I love your pictures of Mara. What a cute face!