12 January 2011

Holidays

Photobucket
Christmas Eve. All the grandkids dress up and 'perform' the pageant. Mara was supposed to be a wiseman, but it didn't last very long.
Photobucket
Poor sick girl. She was so tired.
Photobucket
The rest are from Christmas morning. I was so bummed my flash didn't have any batteries so these are all grainy and lack sufficient light. But that's fine for family memories :)
Photobucket
Photobucket


Christmas was wonderful. I haven't been so excited for it since I was a little little girl. Unfortunately Mara got her first ear infection the day before Christmas Eve and so was a little out of sorts, as you can see. But she managed to pull out a few smiles. Even if I missed them with the camera.

I'd show you pictures of New Years if there had been anything worth taking a picture of. Mara went to bed on time while Jayson and I watched "Wallstreet" with friends. Not the most adventurous New Years, but it was perfect for me! So Happy Belated Holidays and here's to winter ending soon :)

Sara

8 comments:

Dustin and Melissa said...

Look at all of that beautiful red hair! Mara looks so much more like a toddler and not at all like the baby we remember crawling around our studio apartment. Actually, she has grown so much since we saw her in October - tell her to stop growing! :) We are glad you had a fun and restful holiday. We love the Weirs!

Tren and Chylie said...

YAY!!! Pictures!! Mara is SO stinkin adorable!! Bummer she was sick - but it looks like you guys had a great christmas!!!

Sara and Dustin said...

I've missed you guys! I love your pictures - as always. I adore seeing pictures of Jayson and Mara together. AND I think your uncensored writing is awesome...basically, I love hearing about you all again!

Maria said...

Sara!!! I love your sappy post....it's just so sweet. I am glad you are doing well...you sound so happy. Mara has gotten so big. Can't wait to see you guys by the end of this month...seriously, I am so excited to see you.

Stephanie said...

I love Mara's picture with the make-up. So cute! Poor little girl, ear infections are awful.

Marisa Jean said...

Ear infections are like the plague when it comes to kids. Charlotte's had two in eight months. They're no fun, poor gal. :( We were in bed before 10:30 on New Years Eve, so yours sounds like a wild time to me! Ha ha!

Dave and Gina said...

Thanks for updating! Mara is such a little beauty! Glad you're doing well in California.

Jennifer Brailsford said...

Despite the ear ache, Mara is beautiful. I love seeing all the hair coming in.