12 January 2011

normal

Photobucket


Or whatever.

Just wanted to post something since it's been so long. We're doing well. The day to day just kind of takes over, but it's a good day to day. The holidays were wonderfully hectic. We love spending so much time with family and being immersed in the season. Now we start the blah months of January and February. Sorry, never been a fan. In March things pick up, not just because it's my birthday and Jayson's but also because often you start to see the first signs of spring. And that means Easter.

Sorry to be more nostalgic than informative, but I think you all know what I mean when I say there really isn't that much to report. The wonderful small moments are what I've begun cherishing. I think that's always been something I've tried to do, but my life is such now that it allows for that much more. It's the random laughter and another project conquered that brings joy to my life. Admittedly there was a time when I thought that kind of life was unimportant and even pitiable, but I was naive. I have never felt more complete or more peaceful in my life.

Before you imagine my life to be all buttercups and pearls there are very serious moments of doubt, discouragement, and even loneliness. But those moments are just as fleeting as the happy ones filled with kisses and loves. For me it's a beautiful way to live. I feel so blessed. And I know the scriptures say that all our blessings are given because of the commandments we obey, but I must be the exception. I fall short every day of the things I know I need to be but still I find myself waking up to this beautiful life. One I didn't imagine for myself.

I should never write a blog post after 5 pm. This is what happens. Super sappy and probably too much information. I hope you'll indulge me. It's a post of my thoughts uncensored.

Sara

7 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

Your back! Mara is adorable and I can't wait to see more photos (hopefully). I loved your honesty - it's refreshing. Hope you guys are plugging along just fine :) miss you friends!

david said...

SWAN QUEEN!

Lauritzen Lovin' said...

Sara your post was so refreshing. I've missed hearing from and about you guys. Mara looks so different to me for some reason. She is so big and so sweet. Will you guys be coming back this way anytime soon? We'd love to see you. Hope the day to day continues to treat you well.

Linds said...

You write so beautifully! I love reading it.

Jayson & Sara said...

Rachel could it be her new make over? ....

vanessa said...

yay, you're back. i liked this blog. you should put up pictures of the darling dolls you made, by the way.

Marisa Jean said...

You should write after 5 PM more often. I really enjoyed the update!