15 August 2011

Consequences

Mara has moved into her big girl bed. It was a much easier transition that I anticipated. It's a wonderful thing. Now the little crib is in the garage and the girl's room has so much more space to play. Now we can lay by her and I can reach her face to kiss her while she sleeps. But the sad consequence is that I don't get to see her happy smiley face looking up at me when I go get her in the morning and after her nap. I'm just missing it ... that's all.

3 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

Not gonna lie--I do love that about my kiddo being in a crib. But at the same time, man would it be nice to not have to get her every time she needed me for something.

Elise said...

Will's been in a toddler bed for a while and he still won't get out by himself :)

I just finished reading Middlemarch, which you recommended to me eons ago and I loved it! Also, Amy mentioned something on her blog about you making clothes for Mara out of your brother's old clothes. I would love to see some of your ideas

Dustin and Melissa said...

Mara is growing up so fast...a big girl bed. Sigh. No matter how old she gets, she will always be our sweet baby girl. :)