While Chelsea was here Mara got her first freckle! I'm sure that for most people this isn't a big deal, but as a red head (or possibly anyone with fair skin) it's kind of a right of passage or something. Growing up, like most red heads, I wished I would get enough freckles so they would all blend together into a tan. I didn't really like them. And then one time my Aunt Tami complimented me on my freckles. She told me they were angel kisses. Maybe she knew I didn't like them or maybe she had a hard time with her own freckles growing up. Whatever the reason for the compliment it made all the difference. From that time forward I cherished my freckles. Afterall, they were little kisses from Heaven. So silly, but because I love my own freckles I was thrilled when Mara got hers. I made such a big deal about them (she has two). We talked about them all day and named them :) She told her daddy about them when he got home. I really hope she loves them on herself as much as I do!

1 comment:
I wished someone would have taught me how to love my freckles because I've always hated them (on me...not on others). Actually, I think they are rather cute on other people.
Post a Comment