30 December 2007

Vacationing In California


So I thought I would post what we've been doing on our vacation in California. Jayson's parents recently bought a new home as a rental property which needed a lot of remodeling. When we arrived in California a lot had been doneto it already, but it still needed a lot of work. Thus, this is where we spend our time! It's actually been enjoyable - I know you think I'm lying, but I'm not. I'm actually enjoying it. I've been doing a lot of the little painting jobs while Jayson installs the cabinets and builds the mantle. It really has been kind of a cool way to spend our vacation. The only down side is that because we are so busy the vacation is going by too quickly! We'll be back in Grenada before you know it.


We put up a chair rail that goes around the room. Jayson is making the cut around the windows so it fits just right.


And this is the mantle that Jayson built.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sara and Dustin said...

I had no idea that Jayson is such a handy-man! I know how you feel about the vacation going by too quickly. I'm just trying to enjoy every moment at home!

Marisa Jean said...

Sara! This is Marisa Killpack from back in the ballet days. I found your blog online when I was searching for an address for you (I'm getting married). I can't believe what you've been up to! It's CRAZY! I'd love to hear from you and get a current address (even if it is out of the USA). You and your hubby look great!