15 January 2008

Welcome to Paradise

And here we are back in 'paradise'. I thought it would be a nice idea to have everyone over for a little get together to celebrate the fact that we're here for another term of medical school. Ironically I called the party our 'welcome to paradise' party. So many people think that Grenada must be an island paradise. Maybe it is, but for those of us living here day in and day out the paradise gets lost somewhere in the mix. So I decided that we should all take a breather and enjoy the paradise!
We played two games: 'get your med student to paradise' (aka pin the tail on the donkey with a map of the north western hemisphere {the donkey} and a picture of each med student {the tail}) and Grenadian Catch Phrase. It was truly Grenadian Catch Phrase because I made it out of pink card stock with a straight pin as the anchor to spin around the handwritten catch phrases that were all Grenada related. But it was fun.

The highlight, for me, was that we were able to eat pina coladas made by Jayson in our blender. Each colada had a little umbrella with it too! Very island-esc if you ask me! This is a picture of everyone that was able to make it. It's all the student families from the branch minus one family who wasn't able to come. In some sort of order from left to right: the Hills (Ethan, Denzel, Brittany), the Smiths (Tanelle & future baby, Ben, I'm holding Nathan, and Addie is in front of me), the Johnsons (Sara & future baby, her husband Dustin had to go home with baby Anna for bedtime), the Teams (Shauna, Richard, and Spencer), the other Johnsons (Amanda, Jason is sitting on the ground in the white shirt, Dyson is also sitting on the floor, and Jayson is holding Ridgedon), us, and the Monroes (Dustin, Melissa is in the states teaching 1st grade.) And that makes up all of us! It was a fun party. The slide show above has more pictures from the party.

2 comments:

Denzil and Brittany said...

Thanks Sara! You throw a great party, we had a blast.

Wyatt and Tara said...

Sara I want to come visit you. It is WAY too cold here!