This is the Carenage, the little bay where St George's sits. You drive around it to get into the city.This is a church that got its roof blown off during Ivan. The church itself is still completely destroyed because they don't have enough money to repair it. At least that's what I've heard. I'm not sure though. And as a side note: the best part about these pictures is that they were taken while we were driving! I thought that was really cool. And that's why this guy is in the picture - I didn't see him until I clicked the picture.
This is the Rum Runner boat. We went on something similar, but smaller when we went on the Sunset Cruise at the end of first term.
This is the building where we got the title to our car. We went once and the guy never showed up so Jayson had to back another time to get it. He said there are just rows and rows of filing cabnets. And they looked at the guy's number and found it one of the cabinets and brought out for Jayson to sign. The guy didn't know how to write and so Jayson wrote everything for him.
This is the tunnel you have to go through to get into the city. It's very narrow and usually people are walking along the sides, but no one seems to care because they still drive 90 mph. On the sides are also paintings of the Grenadian Flag and nutmeg.
This is the nice mall down town. It's actually the end where the tourists from the cruise ships enter. There are some nice shops, but everything costs a fortune! In front of the mall are small booth type things where they sell various spices. But if anyone visits Grenada wait to purchase anything until you get all the way into the city. You'll save a bundle.
3 comments:
I love reading your postings because you are one of the few people I know that is as obsessed with photos as I am. I have always been into photos and photography and I love taking pictures like you do. I am always shoving a camera in people's faces. Thanks for sending me the link to your blurb account. I always enjoy looking at good photos.
Thanks for sharing photos of where you're at! (since we might be there in the fall!) it's nice to know we can get all the real info from our friends there. I will need to email you to get more info on what to bring, etc - as it get's closer!
my dad gave me your blog link and I'm so happy. Pictures from Grenada! I hope you're having fun learning all that doctor stuff. It looks like you have lots of parties... don't med students study all the time? hmmmm
Love Allie (Whiting) Brock
Post a Comment