10 March 2008

The Month of Birthdays

Aw, the quintessential BBQ picture. All the men discussing the best way to grill meat. Or in this case probably contemplating the upcoming exams. I swear everything in Grenada revolves around medical school - and rightly so, I guess. But for a change we decided to throw in our hats and celebrate birthdays. And yes that would be plural, out of the um-teen students in the branch we learned eight of us have March birthdays! So instead of attempting to celebrate them all individually we decided to throw a BBQ birthday bash. As always, I used this opportunity to practice my photography.
Two of my favorite reasons for living where we do: Gabe and Anna (no offence Sara, Dustin, Casey, and Renny we enjoy you too). Sometimes there isn't any better way to spend an afternoon than having one or both of these girls over. I love to breathe in the innocence and the simplicity of their worlds. I find it's often easier to be in their world than mine. And what better way to spend time with them than blowing bubbles!
And of course, the adults.
(left to right) Dustin with Anna, Richard, Sara, Justin, Ashlee, Amanda's sister and mom, and Amanda's hiding behind her sister. And to give a little credit to Grenada - the weather was beautiful! You would have thought it was an early spring evening in California. It was perfect!

Jayson with Gabe and Esther in the little 'Barn'.

Gabe in her Cinderella dress. She twirled all over for me and then she would run up and ask to see the pictures.

Jayson and Ridgedon. We'll miss Amanda, Dyson, and Ridgedon since they're all flying back to Utah today so Amanda can have the baby!

And finally, the cake! Actually there are two cakes if you can see the other one in the background. Jayson decorated the one with all the candles on it. Well, I wrote Happy Birthday and he did everything else. It turned out to be really yummy. You never can tell with making cakes in Grenada. They're always a lot more dense. But this one turned out to be really yummy. So Happy Birthday to all of us that share birthdays in March!

Thanks Sara Johnson for planning this get together!

No comments: