Does anyone else get these random comments from strangers? Well I do! There have been three. And while I don't mind if strangers look at the blog ... it's weird I guess, but whatever. What the heck!? You don't leave a comment on a blog when you don't even know the person! Unless it's a business blog or something. How do these people even find me!? I've had it three times now! I've blocked my blog from entering any search engine, so unless they're looking at someone else's blog who I know then they really shouldn't be able to find mine ... right? It's just weird. Let me know if you guys have this problem too.
First Day of Kindergarten
11 years ago
7 comments:
I had one random guy comment on my blog - which is when I switched it so it couldn't be found by search engines. I guess that doesn't stop it though. Shauna knows a way to track where viewers are from and how long they stay on your blog - but she hasn't showed me yet (hint hint).
shown - not showed. oops.
Luckily we haven't had anyone that we don't know leave comments and we've done the same things as you. I almost wonder if people just search through blogs by going to 'next blog' at the top of the blogger menu. Even still, just look, don't leave dumb comments/advertisements/obituaries/photos/what ever else they decide to post. Go to sitemeter.com, I think you'll want to add this to your blog!
I used to get some random people that posted, but once I put my word verification on my comments, it all went away. It's a pain for those that leave comments, but I had some porn sites being advertised, and that was the only way I got rid of them. Good luck!
I've never had random comments on my blog but some stranger posted a comment on a picture of Keahi on my webpicasa gallery which kinda freaked me out. He said something about what a perfect outie he had. Creepy!
Wow creepy! It's just weird how people find you. I added the word verification and if that doesn't help then I'm going to do that whole approval thing where the comments are emailed to me and then I can say whether or not they end up on the blog. So we'll see. I want to keep it open because there are so many old friends that have found us through the blog, but I don't like the idea of weird people spending a lot of time on my blog. We'll see what happens. Thanks everyone.
We have actually had comments and I didn't know who they were so I clicked on them and it was a virus, so don't click on them. I try and delete them off, but I think I am going to make my blog private soon.
Post a Comment