For Memorial Day we went and visited both of my grandpa's graves. We also had a wonderful lunch at Grandma Tew's house. For those of you who didn't know ... Tew is my maiden name. It was a long day in the car, but it was fun too.
Grandpa Tew was in the Korean war and so his name was on the cemetery's veteran memorial.
One of my favorite things about grandma's house were all the little toys she kept for all of us. In particular I always loved the cowboys and indians! I set up a little scene and took pictures for some practice.
This is my little brother. He's way taller than me now ... not that that's saying very much, but it was really weird to hug him and realize he's that much taller than me! He was a good sport with all the pictures I wanted to take of him.
This is the whole family minus my sister. She had other plans for the day, but I have pictures to post of her coming!
And mom wanted a picture of all the boys so here it is. Grandma has a beautiful yard! We took lots of pictures around it.
Man it's good to be home and see family. Although it's really strange feeling like we have three homes! I really like the craziness though. Don't get me wrong - it will be so nice to have just one house where all of our stuff can live, and we'll be able to take care of our own mail - but in some ways I'm really enjoying all the chaos that is our lives right now. It will only be like this for a short time, so I guess I have to live it up!
First Day of Kindergarten
11 years ago
3 comments:
Hey guys! It was really good to see you two.Sara You are really talented! I love looking at all of your photos!
It's so fun to see pictures of your family and your other home. I know what you mean about looking forward to having all of your stuff live in one place! I guess that will happen someday.
You forgot to visit your friend Marisa while in Utah! I love memorial day--it's like a right of passage: spring into summer. Too bad this year I did nothing more than pack up my house to move. Glad someone did something fun!
Post a Comment