09 July 2008

Dillon Beach

The Weirs had a family renunion this year. We went to a beach around the bay area - I think - called Dillion Beach. It was very different from the beaches here in Grenada. I think I had two sweatshirts on most of the time. And the only time I had a bathing suit on was when we would get in the hot tub at night. That being said, it was a wonderful vacation! And the food was delicious! The Weirs make wonderful food. In the early mornings we would go look at the tide pools which is where a lot of these photos come from.



We also liked flying kites that we found in the house we were renting. We only lost two to the giant tree in front of the house!


Here's the whole clan! These shirts were made special for the vacation. They have a little pail and shovel on the front with 'Dillion Beach 2008" under it. And on the back it says "Weir on Vacation" with a sick figure rendition of the family. Most of us wore it everyday - washing it at night of course.

It was a beautiful beach. We would walk up and down this trail everyday to get to the beach from the house. The water was like ice, but the kids loved the sand. I loved seeing all the vibrant colors that surrounded the beach. We don't get color like this in Grenada.

4 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

I haven't been to the beach in FOREVER. Family Reunion tee-shirts always crack me up, even if they look great. It's just funny to see everyone in the same shirt. Luckily yours look good. Our last reunion shirts were NEON GREEN--not good for a pale complection.

Amanda said...

I totally want to be a "Weir" now. I wish my name made for a really cool T shirt. Oh well, I guess Johnson will have to do.
Thanks for taking good care of my other half while I'm not there to do it, you guys are the best.

Tim, Annie, Jack said...

oooh the last two pics are PERFECT! I want to still them and hang them up somewhere...that would be a good way to remember our fun trip...hmmm I think I'm running out of walls for your pics to hang on...:)

Linds said...

Oh my goodness! I love Dillion Beach! I grew up spending my summers there because my grandparents have a beach house there! Looks like so much fun...Makes me miss it!