24 July 2008

Grenada Garden



After being down here the first few weeks, and actually trying to eat fruits and vegetables, we remembered how expesive it is, so we saved a few seeds from a watermelon, and found some tomato seeds and lettuce seeds, and started a little porch garden in a renovated laundry basket on our balcony. It's been two weeks now, and the plants are starting to look how they are supposed too. Hopefully we'll get something out of it!

4 comments:

Amy said...

that's hilarious - I just finished a garden post today too! I wish you could have some of my fruits and veggies! Your basil plant looks really good. We did some purple basil - I want to make Pearl some purple pesto and pink party fish (salmon) for her birthday.

beth said...

I always planned on growing things in Grenada, but I never really got around to it. Good for you! I hope they work out.

Tim, Annie, Jack said...

good idea!

Casey said...

Did Renny happen to rub a little of his green thumb off on you guys? Ha! I hope so! That is so neat! I hope they grow you some yummy food.