It's been a very busy couple weeks! But things have kind of settled down as of today. Well - at least they should. Jayson started his rotations officially yesterday. He's in his internal medicine rotations which is nice for me - at least it's not surgery yet. And so Mara and I spend our days together. Have we done anything exciting? Not really. We went grocery shopping yesterday and today we did the laundry. Mara is learning how to fall asleep all by herself in her crib and I'm trying to catch up on all the things I've let go for the past three months. Pictures being one of those things. So here's a couple pictures that I love of my new little partner in crime.
Mara LOVES her Binky. And I love that it takes up half her face. She's recently gone through two of her three binkies. While catching the bus one day she popped the Binky out of her mouth. it flew about two feet hitting the bus floor and about five bounces later bounced out the door and into the gutter. I decided to let that one go since I had a spare. The second one she spit out and it bounced onto a dog and into his business. Again I decided to let that one go. So she's down to one! Heaven help us if we loose that one before we can get more!
Mara's favorite time of day is her bath time! She could be crying and very unhappy but as soon as she hears that water start she's still and calm! Plus for us! While in the water she looks around with big eyes and licks at the water as it hits her face. She LOVES it!
And I had to post this pictures because it's her closest cousin Max. Mara was born July 1 and Max was born July 28 - on Mara's actual due date. In this picture I think Max is about a week old and Mara is about a month (correct me if I'm wrong Amy) anyway they're about .5 inch and 1 oz difference! We'll have to see if they keep that ratio up!
10 comments:
I love the picture with the binky! It is so big on her sweet little face. Glad you are doing well and enjoying NY.
Good call on letting the binki's go. I am dying over that cute red hair. Love it!
yesss... I can steal that first picture. NO COPYRIGHT!
cute pictures! Max is up to about 8 pounds... is she keeping up?
I feel your pain with the pacifiers. I actually still had like 13 of them from Sam, and yesterday there was only one left in the drawer! So, I had to do the pacifier round up from various parts of the house...:)
Miss you guys, hope Jayson is doing well with rotations!
Yea for the Mara update, wish she were here...glad she loves the binky, hopefully you can get a big supply together soon:)
Sarah,
this is Olya. We are in NY too - lets get together. I sent you an email through your photography. Lets meet up! :)
So cute! I used a little rubber band to attach those hospital pacifiers to a regular pacifier holder...Target also has some that are made specifically for that type, but they are huge, and would take up that cute girl's whole face!
May I suggest MAM pacifiers? They make a newborn size. Babies seem to be able to hold onto the orthodontically correct pacifiers better. I tried using one like you've got with Aubree's little Avonlea and she couldn't keep it in her mouth. And she's a year old. Anyway, I love MAM's. Unfortunately, they won't hide Mara's cute face as much.
Cute, cute, cute! I love when Mara sucks on her binky!
I love the shot with her Binky! Gabe loved those exact same ones!! I think I realized a couple months into giving it to her that it actually had a smiley face on it. ha!
Post a Comment