is the largest operating pipe organ in the world. It's in Pennsylvania in a Macy's (the department store not the grocery store) and they were having a concert on Halloween day. So ... we rented a car and went to see it!

On the left is where the guy actually plays (obviously) and on the right behind all the Christmas decor (yes, already up on Halloween) are the pipes. I was bummed we didn't get to see the actual pipes, but they sounded awesome.


Having never been one interested in the organ I have to say the concert was amazing. He played some very interesting music and it sounded very beautiful, much to my chagrin!
6 comments:
I'm not a fan of organ music, but I think it's kind of cool that it's inside of a department store. Totally random.
Yeah it was a different store before it was a Macy's - I think it was called Wanamaker actually. Anyway he was crazy and just kept building onto the organ. I think, if anyone knows differently let us know! And I do not enjoy organ music either, but I loved this.
oh, sounds like it was fun!! I was thinking about you that day and wondering! Mara looks so cute as a bumble bee!! great pictures!
Isn't it crazy how Christmas comes before Halloween in the stores? I mean, let us enjoy one holiday at a time! I bet it was pretty neat to see that organ. Did it make the one in the conference center look small?
It was a great trip! Thanks for a fun weekend!
Sounds like so much fun!
Post a Comment