to california!

And it's been wonderful. So nice to have family, space to stretch out, a car, familiarity, and all those wonderful things California gives us. We do; however, miss our New York home as well. I miss the excitement that slams you in the face when you walk out that apartment door. I miss our friends. I miss the park. And I miss the fabric district :) But we're so happy to be where we are.
Things have settled in by now. It all just seems very ordinary. Jayson heads to the hospital early each morning. Mara and I wake up, eat, play, nap, and go out with cousins on outings. I remember when we would come to CA after Grenada. I always felt like like here was so fast compared to the island. Now coming from NY life here feels much slower. In a happy take notice and relax way, but it's funny how where you've been dictates how you view where you are.
Mara is walking and talking. She runs away when she has something she's not supposed to have. I don't know why but I find it hilarious. Does she really think she'll get away? I will admit it's getting harder to catch her, but I still do every time. Her first real word was daddy. But thank you wasn't far behind. She also says stinky (a nickname we call her often, affectionately of course), no, uh oh, oh, moo, woof, baaaa, book, and a few others. She's in that mimicking stage so she tries to say everything. She's my world and for now I'm hers. It's a good place to be in.
I'm thinking of only keeping up one blog. I'd move everything over to the photo blog. Things wouldn't be maybe as personal, but really who reads the personal stuff anyway? Don't we all just love seeing pictures? Plus it would be a chance for me to work on better photos of my family! And not just the snap shots all the time! We'll see.
13 comments:
hey sara! i was just thinking about you yesterday. we were in that area in riverside park where you took our pictures. i realized i hadn't seen a blog post in a while and wondered how you were. glad to hear all is well. i can't believe how big mara is. what a little cutie. sad we never got to get together again while you were here. hopefully we can catch you in cali sometime in the near future!
I have been checking you blog almost on a daily bases to see how you guys have been doing. I'm so glad that you guys are having a great time in CA. I'm so happy to hear about you guys. I hope you have a great day! We think about you guys often.
I love this post. I am so glad you are back to blogging. You are killing me with the stories of Mara...I do miss her. He hair looks so much redder and I can't believe she is talking and talking. I am glad you are enjoying CA but I am not going to lie to you, I wish you were here. I miss you...but I will see you soon. Please keep this blog...i DO read your personal stories and I love them!
Give Mara a hug for me. And tell Jayson, I miss talking Spanish with him..haha.
We're glad you're here, too. I love your new background, by the way!
I've been thinking about you guys and wondering how you're doing! I'm so happy to see everything is going well. I bet Mara is a crack up. I'm excited to see and hear more of her! Oh, and I like both the pics and the personal stuff!
I have missed you updating your blog!! I am so glad you guys made it safely to California! I bet it's great to be close to family again! I can't believe how big Mara is now! I can't wait to meet her! I love and miss you guys!
Um...I love reading what you write. I love your pictures too. But it's definitely hard to keep up on two blogs! I love what you said about California seeming slower instead of faster now that you've lived in NYC. I'm gonna remember that :)
I love reading the personal stuff. :) It was great to see you all - we miss you so much! Since you left, I finally found a shower curtain I love and a new bedspread came in the mail today - things are coming along. Love you!
I've been wondering if you were settled in, glad to hear that you are! :) I'll check either blog, but sometimes it's nice to keep business and personal life seperate (really I just want to read your updates! He he..)
I love your blog and the pictures of course. I'm sure it's nice to be back in California, but there's something magical about NYC. I was just there in September visiting my brother... I just love it.
I love your blog and the pictures of course. I'm sure it's nice to be back in California, but there's something magical about NYC. I was just there in September visiting my brother... I just love it.
I have been thinking about you a lot lately and haven't been able to check in and see how your doing because you hadn't posted anything scene July. I'm so glad you have settled in and things are going well. If you have any time I'd love to chat with you I have some pretty crazy thing going on in my life. Dave and I are adopting a little girl that is due in Feb. We also are finally expecting and our little one is due in June. So here in the next 6 months our lives are going to turn more then 360 around be we are so excited. I love you and think of you often. Getti
Wow you are in CA? It's great to hear what you are up to again. Hope you had a good Christmas!
Post a Comment