I took more video than pictures of her big day. Not exactly sure why. Could have been because her noises and little voice were just too perfect to miss. So here are just a few. All b/w just because.
"Good morning Mara! Do you know what today is?"
"No."
"It's your birthday!"
"I don't wan it" in very whiny voice.
"Do you know what that means?"
She threw herself down into her blankets and covered her face. I guess she didn't appreciate being woken up with a big 'ol camera in her face.
I picked her up and carried her down the hall whispering in her ear, "Mara, I have a surprise for you! Can you guess what it is?" We turned the corner she gasped and quickly squealed, "Balloons!" Best reaction ever! Then she kicked and giggled with the balloons for the next 20 minutes or so. After she got tired of that she was introduced to her first present.
It was definitely a success.
After a wonderful day of playing we got to have cake with daddy. Again success! She still asks for cake! 

And of course presents. But no pics of those, sorry.
The best part ... was for me. My birthday has long since lost its appeal but I was giddy the entire night before Mara's. I couldn't wait to see her reactions. I wasn't disappointed. I've already started thinking of what Christmas will be like. Is it bad to get more joy out of your children's birthday than possibly they did?
Happy Birthday Mara!
First Day of Kindergarten
11 years ago
10 comments:
Happty B-day Mara!! I just can't believe she is already two....time flies. She looks so big. You are such a good mom. Is that your new home? I love it!
Happy Birthday Mara dear!! It feels like yesterday we were all at the park celebrating her first birthday. :) Love the new place! I get excited just thinking about the joy children bring to holidays! It's quite beautiful.
What a perfect birthday! It is so hard to believe that our little Maracita is already two years old! We send our love to all of you. XOXO
these are such cute pictures of her! i can't believe it's been (over) two years since i met you and jayson in the yogurt place at the fountains and you were pregnant with mara! time flies. she is adorable, glad it was a fun day.
You got some wonderful faces of her captured. Looks like she had a perfect birthday!
Just got on the computer to email you that I needed some pics of the girls posted on the blog...pleasant surprise! Now I guess all I need are some of the babe. We miss Mara, sometimes I think of funny/(sometimes weird) things she does and I start to laugh out loud. Please post weekly she is growing TOO FAST.
Aw, little birthdy girl! She's so happy!!! I love it.
Oh!! I love her reactions! She is so beautiful! You are such a great mom! Love the pics of the apartment (of what we could see!) hope you guys are doing well!
beautiful mara!! i love how excited she is about everything ... have fun with that ariel necklace, hehe. your home looks gorgeous.
That picture of her with the cake just about did me in! Her eyes so full of excitement and joy...aaahhh...this is the beauty of children. Love it!
Post a Comment