06 October 2011

Marathon Post

Because there are 18 photos and not limited to just one story or topic.

First, Bakersfield.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

There are a million more pictures I want to take of Bakersfield. Not because I think it's oh so beautiful, but it is. I love the hills we live in. I love that it's outside the "city". I get such a kick out of the fact that people call "downtown" Bakersfield the city. Or that they refer to any part of it as downtown. But that's only because we came from "The City". As I take more photos though I'll put them up for you. It's actually a very interesting place. With two small children in tow though I find photographic excursions difficult.

Next: the family.
Photobucket
Photobucket

These two are so fun to watch together. This morning the three of us were laying in bed. Mara leaning over me to softly rub Lu's face and head while saying "good morning Lu." over and over. Love moments like that. Yesterday they were in the tub and Mara was splashing and Lu was laughing hysterically. I; however, did not find the splashing so funny. But I love that they love each other.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Conference weekend. We've been trying to take walks in the mornings - the whole family. Such a sight to see. One bundled in the stroller while the other is strapped to one of us. People must think we're crazy to haul everyone out for a walk at 6am. Little do they know it was the little ones who woke US up. We were doing pretty good and then Jayson's schedule changed and the weather has been rainy lately. Jayson will hate that I posted that rotten picture of him. It was post call and he was trying to stay awake to watch the Sunday morning session. Poor guy, he works so hard. No one says residency is a walk in the park, but then it happens to you.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Number 2! She's so fun. I really love everything about 6 months. They sleep better, eat better, and you get to see so much more of their little personality shine through. Lu has quiet little smiles and huge ones depending on her mood and who is trying to get her to smile. She laughs easily though and is very ticklish. She does not like people she doesn't know getting in her face. And much to my shugrin she likes me best. And she has crazy skills. She's been able to role over and scoot since she came home from the hospital. She could sit at 4 months (same as Mara) and she's already up on all fours rocking back and forth! Heaven help me if she starts crawling soon. I have a feeling she is going to be a very busy kid which makes for lots of fun!

First bite!
Photobucket

Mara's first food was a sweet potato so we had to try the same thing with Lu. She wasn't too thrilled. This was her first bite and every bite after looked about the same. Since that bite she's also tried a banana and a plumb. Those were better received. (sigh) I'm actually kind of sad that she's started eating. It's the beginning of the end of baby. I know I know there's still lots of time, but these six months have really flown by.

Photobucket

I realize I didn't post and individual shots of Mara, but that's because ALL of them are either in her panties or completely nude! Not because it's hot or anything the kid just loves to be naked. She has started potty training. It's semi-successful. It wasn't really me pushing it. She just started telling me she wanted to go potty so we got a little seat and fishy treats. She's really great at number 2, but we do have wet accidents fairly frequently. We just take it one day at a time - slowly. It'll sink in I'm sure. I'm just grateful I only have one stinky diaper to change!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

There's a little park close that we try to go to often. With the weather cooling down I think we'll head over there more during the day now. It's the perfect size for Mara and not very busy. We're lucky it's there.

Photobucket

Making friends. I know it's so cheesy of me to take pictures of Mara's first playdate. It was just so cute to me. I love watching her with other kids.

Photobucket

And finally me. This is totally an appropriate self portrait: Messy with good intentions. I've been sewing a lot lately. Well it feels like a lot, but I don't really have a long list of finished projects. I blame it on the fact that I never have more than an hour at a time. But it's fine. I'm enjoying it. I'm also working a few photography projects. A couple weddings as well as some personal ideas. I'll have to start sharing those over on the photoblog. And other than that Jayson and I are just trying to keep everything together and enjoy our family I guess. I'll stop there before I start musing on life as a whole :) We miss our friends and family up north and to the east, but we're grateful for the kindness we've received from Bakersfield. We're getting settled and starting to explore. Hopefully I can post at least monthly :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

wow--Lu has grown up so much! I love this peak into your life. I also love how down-to-earth you are even while being so beautiful. And, I want to see your sewing projects!

Maria said...

This is such a great post. Sara, first you need to post pics of yourself more often...and no side pics of you but fully faced ones..ok?!
Those pictures of Lulu remind of some shoots you took of Mara a while ago. They are so cute together. You guys are such a great family.
And your craft spot is amazing. Is that picture of that little boy Jayson? Miss you!

Jayson & Sara said...

Yes! The little boy is Jayson. That photo popped up in one of our boxes so it stays on the board.

Kyle and Sarah said...

Sara, it's so fun to see pics of your family! your girls are just so precious. i am sure you are a fantastic mom! take care!

Jennifer Brailsford said...

I love reading about what is happening at the Weir house. Enjoy those long walks. Very New Yorker of you. Love it.

Jenny Sue Gamboa said...

Hey Sara, I think its so cute that Mara likes to wear your shirts as dresses (I saw that she was wearing it again in some of those pics.) Such cute little red heads.

Marisa Jean said...

I've been wondering where you were living and how your family is. This was a most excellent update! I think that little baby of yours is the most beautiful child I've ever seen. GORGEOUS!!!!

Kent Kate & Afton said...

I love the marathon post! I love seeing the pictures of your children. It is fun to see both of your face and Jayson's face in them!

Jeremy said...

Can't wait to see you all this winter. Oh, and Jayson told me the little secret to winning over Mara--soda!