05 May 2012

27 years old

Why do we hate getting older? I think it rocks! I remember someone saying in high school that these were the best years of our lives and to live them up. Um if those were the best days then what a crap shoot! Hope I'm not alone in saying that. But now - I don't have to deal with the stupid teenage pressures I had then. I can wear what I want without feeling judged or labeled. And if I'm being judged or labeled then isn't that really THEIR problem? Not mine anyway. Then the early twenties. College. Um super fun, but personally I was lonely. Happy to be so independent don't get me wrong. But lonely. Don't think I even realized it until I wasn't alone anymore. And kind of a stressful time too. Loved it, but glad it's over too. Then I turned 25. Wasn't sure I wanted to be 25. It came with a baby a huge move and lots of responsibility. But now I'm 27. SO much older than 25 ;) And I love it. I'm happy with where I am in life. I'm not settled, but I'm close. I'm happy to be just me. I'm in love with three wonderful people that fill my life full. I'm meeting new people. I'm doing hard things and living it up. I'm growing as a person, as a wife, and as a mother. It's wonderful. It's real it's simple and it's oh so good. Yeah to being 27! And yeah to getting older and older and older. Happy Birthday to me :)

3 comments:

vanessa said...

happy birthday! to you and lu, what a cute family you have!

Alys said...

Happy Birthday to you! And, well said! It shouldn't be so bad getting older, even though many of us fret. I do love where I am at now, but it is also fun to look back at earlier years and think how fun it was, too. Just need to enjoy every stage of life for its uniqueness.

Kent Kate & Afton said...

Happy Birthday Friend! I am with you. I like getting older. (Well for now at least) Love seeing your blog! You have a sweet little family. I hope I get to meet your little girls someday soon. Tell Jayson I say hello.