Here it is, finally an updated picture of the bub. Well, somewhat updated. This was for his three month mark. He's now four months as of today! But he's still this cute. He's talking all the time. I didn't post most of the shots where he's saying something but you can get the idea from some of them. We love having him in the family. The girls are always asking for me to lay him down so they can play with him. Which really just means they scream Durham Durham Durham over and over right in his face. Or stroke his cheeks and squish them together. He's a good sport and puts up with it.
It is impossible to get a good picture of the three of them together. In fact, I've been noticing how hard it is to get a picture of Lulu. I need to work on that.
really there's just a lot of this going on!I wanted to write a little about how J Durham got his name. The J is for his dad, Jayson and his Grandpa, Jay. Durham is a family name. It's Jayson's Dad's Mother's maiden name. I know it sounds confusing, but it's really just Jayson's grandma's maiden name. If you look in the hymn book you'll find several composers with the last name Durham, G. Homer Durham being the most prominant. Anyway they're family. I didn't like the name Durham initially. There are lots of unfortunate nicknames that go with it. But the more I thought about the people associated with the name it grew on me. I hope D understands that when we named him Durham we wanted him to remember where he comes from. The Durhams are a strong family. They were strong in adversity and they were strong in their testimonies of Jesus Christ. Things that I want him to remember are a part of him when he faces difficult things.
4 comments:
I still think he's the cutest baby ever. Love him, hug him tight for me!!!
He is adorable! All your children are just beautiful!
All of your kids are beautiful! I also loved reading how he got his name. It's awesome! And no matter what you name a child, there is someone who will figure out a way to make fun of it. It's the nature of kids. Seriously though, he's a handsome one, and your girls are absolutely picture-perfect.
Dear Sara! your children are absolutely beautiful! I love them all! I would love to see you! We recently moved to Santa Clarita which is not too far from you guys! keep me posted!
leslie
Post a Comment