12 March 2008

Shout Out


This is just a shout out to all my dancing buddies! Those I dance with now, Alice and Casey (and a wonderfully unexpected Shauna tonight) and those I've danced with in the past, too many to list. You've all been such a wonderful part of my life - some of the best moments really. Dance and I are inseperable. And I don't mean that in a cheesy way. I just mean that so much of my life has revolved around rehearsals, shows, and class that there's no way I could take it out of me. It's something that brings me so much joy in a way that nothing else does. So I just wanted to thank all of you, past and present, for making my life a little fuller. May everyone have something like what dance has been for me.

4 comments:

MelRiv said...

I always love seeing your ballet photos. I think you are the most beautiful ballerina I've ever seen. I know what you mean when you say dance is a part of you because that is exactly how I feel about music. BTW, thanks for having regular updates on your blog. So many people on my fellow bloggers list take weeks and months to post a new entry; BORING!

Tara Jayne said...

I feel the same way. Dance gets in your blood and it never goes away. And then when you stop dancing (like me) you feel like part of you is missing. I don't think that ever goes away.

Shauna said...

Thanks for letting me tag along last night. I really had a great time although I felt silly with you 3, but you got to start somewhere right? You truly are an inspiration to me, I love watching you dance!

Marisa Jean said...

Oh Sara, I wish I was as beautiful of a dancer as you have always been. Right now I teach at a studio and it's really helped break down some of the core concepts of movement for me. I think you picked up on those long ago. I miss dancing with you! Maybe I should just come to Grenada for a visit just so I can dance with little Sara. Whenever I think of you, I always remember you as the little match girl. It's instilled in my brain. Ballet rocks!