11 August 2008

Garden Update

The plants outgrew the laundry basket! Luckily our landlady let us plant them in the yard alongside Renny's banana tree! So one morning - around 5:30 am Jayson went out to plant. When I got back from my run, there they were all in a row. Here are some pictures to document:

This is the little baby watermelon!! Who knew you could really plant the seeds from the watermelon you ate!



And here they are! Four beautiful tomato plants, basil, lettuce, and 2 watermelon plants in the grass behind.

4 comments:

Marisa Jean said...

I love fresh-from-the-garden veggies! They look very healthy too!

Stephanie said...

Don't you just love gardening? It makes you feel so good about yourself. It's really nice when you can say, hm I think I will make a salad, and then get it mostly out of your garden. Are you able to garden year round over there in the far away land of Grenada?

Jayson & Sara said...

I think so ... we just started trying, so we'll see. It never get's cold so in theory I guess we should always be able to.

ToddandCamille said...

Sara,
Hey I found your blog I hope you don't mind but it was fun to find you, I haven't talked to you forever! You can check out mine if you want.