01 June 2010

Nauvoo Temple

Seeing this temple was absolutely beautiful. Not just because it was the Nauvoo temple, but I think because it was a temple. Jayson and I lived far from a temple for quite a while. Add that time plus having a new baby I haven't been to the temple in way too long. So feeling so close to this historical temple really meant a lot to me. It was so beautiful to me.

I also had such a wonderful time walking around taking pictures of it. I always get a new appreciation for the things/people I photograph. I get to see it completely as well as the details in such a new way. Plus having Amy there to chat about photography only added to the experience.

Be prepared ... there's lots of pictures!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(Hyrum and Joseph looking toward the temple)
Photobucket

10 comments:

Amy said...

Love the first one. I didn't have a wide enough lens on to get that shot - it's so cool!

Maria said...

Sara, these pictures are gorgeous. Your photgraphy keeps getting better and better. I love the last one and the one of Hyrum and Joseph.

jkzank said...

Absolutely breath-taking! These pictures are lovely. I want that first one framed in my home!

Alys said...

I am jealous you got to go to Nauvoo. I went there when I was 14 and loved it. But, I am sure now that the temple is there it would be even better. Love the first picture with the light coming in on the side.

Stephanie said...

So fabulous! Absolutely beautiful!

Marisa Jean said...

My jaw is dropped. Those are gorgous.

Dustin and Melissa said...

Love the temple! What a beautiful place!

Tiffini said...

these are just beautiful, sara!

bentanelle said...

these are so beautiful! You are SO talented!

Sean and Kristina Kelly said...

You are soooo talented :) Love the pictures! It sure is a great place, isn't it?